Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

A bit early - but fun.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-06-2004, 10:28 PM   #1
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

A bit early - but fun.

Let's go ahead and make some predictions. The draft is over, we need SOMETHING to speculate about!

AFC East:
Patriots
Dolphins
Bills
Jets

AFC North:
Bengals
Ravens
Steelers
Browns

AFC South:
Colts
Texans (That's right! The Texans)
Titans
Jaguars

AFC West:
Cheifs
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers

NFC East: (a bit biased)
Redskins
Cowboys
Eagles (they fall off this year)
Giants

NFC North: (next to the east the hardest one to call)
Vikings
Lions
Green Bay
Chicago

NFC South:
Falcons
Carolina
Saints
Bucs

NFC West:
Seahawks
Rams
Cardinals
San Fransisco

Playoffs:
I expect a fairly quick exit by the Patriots (my big upset special), a strong run by the Bengals (they could put up points but not stop the other team, sound like a Marvin Lewis team to you?) but the Seahawks will shock people this year. I really like their chances of getting pretty far. Watch the Lions. They could nab a playoff spot in a mediocre division. Depending on how the rookies pan out and how Harrington responds.

Super Bowl: I think I gotta go with the Colts. They still need to bolster that D come June 1st though.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:51 PM   #2
jdlea
Playmaker

AFC East:
Patriots
Jets
Bills
Dolphins

AFC North:
Bengals
Ravens
Steelers
Browns

AFC South:
Titans
Colts
Jags
Texans

AFC West:
Cheifs
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers

NFC East:
Redskins
Eagles
Cowboys
Giants

NFC North:
Green Bay
Detroit (...I'm having trouble believing I just said it too)
Minnesota
Chicago

NFC South:
Falcons
Carolina
Saints
Bucs

NFC West:
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams
San Fransisco

Playoffs: AFC:I think the Chiefs are probably gonna fall off and get knocked out of the first round. I was going to have them finish second, but no one in that division got considerably better. The Colts...I still have my reservations about "Big Game" Peyton Manning. I say the Bengals win a weak division (after the Ravens) and Eddie George shocks the world and leads the Titans to the AFC Championship Game, finally giving McNair some relief, but they'll still come up short.

NFC: Detroit makes a valiant effort and are a very young team caught wide eyed in the first round and gets knocked out by the Falcons. I'm not even gonna guess about the Skins. Seahawks fall and NFC Title game will be hosted by the Atlanta Falcons who defeat Brett Favre and the Pack to make it to Vick's first Super Bowl.

Super Bowl: Patriots confuse Vick into 2 early picks and that's all the Pats need. 17-14, Falcons never recover...Patriots win. I know it's the easy way out to pick the champ, but all they did was get better.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:57 PM   #3
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

AFC East:
miami
new england*
ny jets
buffalo

AFC North:
baltimore
pittsburgh
cincinnati
cleveland

AFC South:
indianapolis
houston*
tennessee
jacksonville

AFC West:
kansas city
denver
san diego
oakland

NFC East:
washington
philadelphia
dallas
ny giants

NFC North:
minnesota
green bay*
detroit
chicago

NFC South:
atlanta
tampa bay
carolina
new orleans

NFC West:
seattle
st. louis*
arizona
san francisco

(*= Wild cards)

AFC Playoffs: after new england knocks out baltimore, they fall at indianapolis. Houston gets taken out by KC who then gets beaten by Miami setting up Miami vs Indi. and miami makes its first trip back to the superbowl in 20 years.
NFC Playoffs: st louis gets destroyed by atlanta who then goes on to beat minnesota. washington beats green bay and in the following week they pull out a winning drive in the last 1 and half to win against seattle. in the nfc championship game, washington and atlanta meet with atlanta using it's offense to make up for its defense but williams uses the blitzes and cover schemes to perfection as the skins win easily.

SuperBowl: two classic superbowl opponents meet again for the third time as miami faces washington. miami starts off strong and have the lead going into half time, but with perfectly placed adjustments the skins offense wreaks havok in the second half as the defense shuts down williams and knocks out the starting qb for miami. MVP goes to portis who breaks the old record held by timmy smith with 214 yards and 3 tds.
this is of course biased, but i firmly believe we have a stronger chance than we have in over a decade to make an impact this season.

Last edited by skinsfanthru&thru; 05-07-2004 at 12:00 AM.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 09:50 AM   #4
silent1903
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru

SuperBowl: two classic superbowl opponents meet again for the third time as miami faces washington. miami starts off strong and have the lead going into half time, but with perfectly placed adjustments the skins offense wreaks havok in the second half as the defense shuts down williams and knocks out the starting qb for miami. MVP goes to portis who breaks the old record held by timmy smith with 214 yards and 3 tds.
this is of course biased, but i firmly believe we have a stronger chance than we have in over a decade to make an impact this season.
And don't tell me, breaks a 4th and 1 for a long TD run deep into the 4th quarter?
silent1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 12:36 PM   #5
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent1903
And don't tell me, breaks a 4th and 1 for a long TD run deep into the 4th quarter?
that wouldn't be too bad of a way for him to close out his first year as a redskin. of course it wouldn't be as impactful to the game as riggins run cuz i see the skins winning by more than 7, but it would launch him into the discussion of great redskin runningbacks after only one season if he could pull out something like that.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:35 PM   #6
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

AFC East
Patriots
Dolphins
Bills
Jets

AFC North
Baltimore
Cincinati
Pittsburgh
Cleveland

AFC South
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Houston
Tennesee

AFC West
Kansas City
Denver
San Diego
Oakland

NFC East
Redskins
Eagles
Cowboys
Giants

NFC North
Green Bay
Detroit
Minnesota
Chicago

NFC South
Carolina
Atlanta
New Orleans
Tampa Bay

NFC West
St. Louis
Seattle
Arizona
San Fransico

Playoffs
AFC
Pats, Baltimore, Cincinati, Indianapolis, KC, Denver
AFC Champion: New England

NFC
Redskins, Eagles, Packers, Carolina, Atlanta, St. Louis
NFC Champion: Redskins of course

SB Champs; Redskins! haha I feel bad not picking them.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:11 AM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

AFC East:
Jets
Patriots
Bills
Dolphins

AFC Central:
Baltimore
Cincy
Cleveland
Pitt

AFC South: (this is going to be a fierce battle)
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Indy
Texas

AFC West:
Chiefs
Chargers
Broncos
Raiders

NFC East:
Redskins
Eagles
Cowboys
Giants

NFC North:
Packers
Vikings
Lions (wait until 2005 for them)
Bears

NFC South:
Falcons
Saints
Bucs
Panthers (would win more games but Davis will fumble at the worst times)

NFC West:
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams
Niners

AFC Playoffs: The Titans and Patriots will join the division winners for the playoffs. It will come down to the battle of the Marshall QBs with Pennington edging Leftwich to take the Jets to the Super Bowl

NFC Playoffs: Well the Redskins will represent the NFC. I can't pick anyone else, can I? With that in mind, the Eagles and Vikings will be in the playoffs along with the division champs. Redskins will advance after beating the Seahawks in the NFC title game.

Super Bowl: Not sure exactly by how much the Redskins will beat the Jets but Coles, Thomas, Morton, and Hall will co-share MVP honors. How an offensive guard will get in on the MVP trophy I still have to figure out
Old 05-07-2004, 12:16 AM   #8
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
Super Bowl: Not sure exactly by how much the Redskins will beat the Jets but Coles, Thomas, Morton, and Hall will co-share MVP honors. How an offensive guard will get in on the MVP trophy I still have to figure out
they run a play like the fridge had or make him an eligible(sp?) reciever and he scores a td. if that happened would he be the first o-lineman to score a td in the superbowl?
Old 05-07-2004, 12:40 AM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru
they run a play like the fridge had or make him an eligible(sp?) reciever and he scores a td. if that happened would he be the first o-lineman to score a td in the superbowl?
I think he would be the first
Old 05-07-2004, 09:00 AM   #10
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

AFC East:
Patriots
Dolphins*
Bills
Jets

AFC North:
Bengals
Ravens
Steelers
Browns

AFC South:
Colts*
Titans*
Texans
Jaguars

AFC West:
Chiefs
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers

NFC East:
Eagles
Redskins*
Cowboys*
Giants

NFC North:
Green Bay
Chicago
Vikings
Lions

NFC South:
Carolina
Bucs
Falcons
Saints

NFC West:
Seahawks
Rams
Cardinals
San Francisco

Best Divisions Top To Bottom:*
AFC East
NFC North
AFC South
*(If you rate only the top 3 teams, then NFC East jumps to the head of the class. I just think the Giants are going to STINK this year – San Diego gets the first pick again next year).

Worst Divisions:
AFC North
NFC West
NFC South

Best Teams: Patriots, Indi, Green Bay (w/ Philly, Skins and possibly Carolina right up there)
Worst Teams: Giants, San Diego, Browns

Playoffs: Bottom line – Green Bay

In the NFC: Green Bay at Philly for NFC Champ. Green Bay wins; Philly's team commits ritual Hari Kari at midfield – the population of Philadelphia go into a mass depression from which they never recover. Following year Eagles go 1-15.

In the AFC: Replay of last year EXCEPT Colts win b/c their receivers don't get mugged and Peyton lights it up.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:44 AM   #11
SKINS73
Special Teams

AFC East:
Patriots
Dolphins
Bills
Jets

AFC North:
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Browns

AFC South:
Colts
Titans
Texans
Jaguars

AFC West:
Chiefs
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers

NFC East:
Eagles
Redskins
Cowboys
Giants

NFC North:
Vikings
Lions
Packers
Bears

NFC South:
Carolina
Bucs
Falcons
Saints

NFC West:
Seahawks
Rams
Cardinals
San Francisco

NFC Championship Game:
-Jevon Kearse, injuried in week 2, week 5, week 8 and week 11 (after being driven into the turf by Samuels) is a non-factor as the Vikings route the Eagles 34 - 3 at the Linc. After the game Owens requests a trade next season. Eagles lose 4th straight championship game.

AFC Championship Game:
The Patriot defense shuts down Manning and the Colts to in a repeat of the AFC championship game in 2003.

Superbowl Champs - Vikings
SKINS73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:55 AM   #12
BrudLee
Playmaker

AFC East:
Patriots
Dolphins
Bills
Jets

AFC North:
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Browns

AFC South:
Colts
Titans
Texans
Jaguars

AFC West:
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers

NFC East:
Redskins
Cowboys
Eagles
Giants

NFC North:
Packers
Vikings
Lions
Bears

NFC South:
Falcons
Panthers
Bucs
Saints

NFC West:
Seahawks
Cards
Rams
San Francisco

Super Bowl: Redskins over Broncos 87-2
Old 05-07-2004, 10:22 AM   #13
Defensewins
Playmaker

Redskins vs. New England in Superbowl.
New England on paper is a better team this coming year than last year. With the additions of Corey Dillon, Vince Wolfork, Keith Traylor, Marquise Hill and the return from injury of their best Linebacker Roosevelt Colvin, the Pats should be a better team. Colvin missed most of last season with a hip injury, Colvin is to the Pats like Lavar Arrington is to us. He is their playmaker LB.

Being a big fan of great defense, I am most impressed with the young defensive line they have put together: Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork, Marquise Hill, Dan Klecko and the only vet Keith Traylor. Their defense (and in turn their team) is going to be good for a long time. Snyder needs to learn great defenses win championships. If the Pats can get disgruntled Ty Law to show up this year, they will have the best defense in the NFL...period.
The Pats will beat the Colts, who lost their best Linebacker and did not replace him. They drafted two OLB's with the 69th and 107th pick. Rookies drafted that late are unlikley to be immeadiate starters. The Colt's slightly better than average defense is worse than last year.

Last edited by Defensewins; 05-07-2004 at 10:40 AM.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:23 PM   #14
cpayne5
Playmaker

Looks like the Jets are falling under a lot of people's radar.
I'm not saying they're the best in their respective division, but I don't think they're the worst, either.
I think they could be better than the Bills and the Norvless Dolphins.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:15 PM   #15
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5
Looks like the Jets are falling under a lot of people's radar.
I'm not saying they're the best in their respective division, but I don't think they're the worst, either.
I think they could be better than the Bills and the Norvless Dolphins.
the jets have a lot of holes on defense still but they won't be as bad as last year with a completely healthy pettington leading them this entire or atleast majority of the season. the bills r a question mark for me cuz of bledsoe, will he revert back to his probowl status or not, and who's gonna take the place of winfield. but i do think they'll be a strong team this year. plus did they lose sam adams? the dolphins with the addition of boston have vastly improved on offense and i think feeley will do a good job for them. and their defense will always keep them in games but they do have a weakness on the offensive line.

i think a big sleeper this year is houston. houston came close to some very big wins last year and they beefed up their d-line and secondary. plus people shouldn't be looking past the chargers to win some games cuz with a player like tomlinson, u r always in the running for an upset. and rivers is gonna be in the running for rookie of the year.