Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

XBOX or PS3

Parking Lot

Old 11-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #1
TheBigD
Special Teams

XBOX or PS3

I am about to buy one of the new systems and wanted advise on whether I should get the XBox or PS3.

I went online and searched, all I could find was technical specs comparisons. I wanted to get the feedback from people who use it for what I will be using it for, sports games.

Help will be appreciated.
TheBigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #2
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

Re: XBOX or PS3

right now the xbox has the slight edge, especially when you factor in cost/benefit, but... the playstation games will catch up and the ps3 has a lot more standard features, that may actually outweigh the sticker price difference, such as the built in wifi (80 dollar xbox accessory if you go that route) and the built in blue ray player (170 dollar xbox hi def dvd add on)

If i were to spend the money right now, id probably go with the ps3, but i do really enjoy my 360
Old 11-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #3
MTK
\m/

The PS3 still doesn't have shit for games, and it's tough to compete with Xbox Live which is outstanding.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #4
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

I have both but canthetuna has a point right now 360 has the slight edge but later on PS3 will pass it.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #5
Cowell
Impact Rookie

I honestly doubt PS3 will ever pass the 360. I mean Xbox Live > anything PS3 online thing. And the 360s game list is 10x longer and 100x times better. Also as long as Halo 3 is out there will be people who buy Xbox just to play Halo 3.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:01 PM   #6
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowell View Post
I honestly doubt PS3 will ever pass the 360. I mean Xbox Live > anything PS3 online thing. And the 360s game list is 10x longer and 100x times better. Also as long as Halo 3 is out there will be people who buy Xbox just to play Halo 3.

give it 1 year.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:16 PM   #7
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Nah I have both as well. PS3 is a dust collector currently. the only reason I keep it is for Metal Gear solid. go 360 and smile for a life time.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:22 PM   #8
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

My PS3 is my dvd player as of now and it really won't change much with a.) the same games coming out for both my 360 and my PS3 but the 360 versions getting the edge being the main version being built and the PS3 version being a port 95% of the time, b.) xbox live is superior to playstation online despite costing a whoping $4.20 a month, and most importantly c.) all of the main PS3 exclusives keep getting delayed further and further back ie MGS4 now being pushed back to quarter 2 20008 among others. Everyone knows the PS3 has a stronger system as far as internal hardware, but yet everytime something comes out for both the games go one of 3 ways: the PS3 version looks slightly better in some ways like lighting, the 2 versions look exactly the same, or the 360 version looks better. Me being a movie buff I do love my Blu-Ray player especially exclusive Blu-Ray titles like Kingdom of Heaven, Spider-Man1-3, and Final Fantasy among others. I agree with Tuna that an edge the PS3 has is it's built in wifi but Playstation Network isn't put together well enough to make as much use of this as it should be. Neither is going to be a waste of money within the next year, it's just a matter of how much money you want to spend now, how many next gen games you want to choose from, and what system has the exclusive games you want in the next year and a half. I personally actually put my next gen systems in the order of 360, Wii, and then PS3. also only 2 more flippin days til COD 4.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:00 AM   #9
djnemo65
Playmaker

Unless you simply must have Metal Gear Solid or Final Fantasy 13 there is no reason to buy a PS3. With every day that passes with PS3 sales lagging the possibility that it will ever even catch 360 - let alone pass it - grows smaller. That's because the incentive for developers to tackle the incredibly difficult programing decreases in turn. With PS3 losing ground every day this is unlikely to ever change.

Here is an interesting take from a former Harmonix programer who basically blasts PS3, essentially saying that the technological advantages are exaggerated and that the 360 is in many ways superior as a pure gaming system. Former Harmonix developer shoots down PS3 tech in rant - PS3 Fanboy

And one last thing D, don't listen to anything Quake says about gaming. He has admitted in past threads to being a PS3 fanboy unable to think objectively about the topic.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:49 AM   #10
DEVIL'S OWN
No new threads for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigD View Post
I am about to buy one of the new systems and wanted advise on whether I should get the XBox or PS3.

I went online and searched, all I could find was technical specs comparisons. I wanted to get the feedback from people who use it for what I will be using it for, sports games.

Help will be appreciated.

well, what are you looking for in a system, cause if you want pure gaming and great online access, go xbox 360, but if you want a high quality system, then ps3 is it, but it lacks in online play and gaming, the games havent caught up with the system, and your gonna pay a 100.00 more for the ps3, do yourself a favor.........by Mircosoft
Old 11-04-2007, 10:37 AM   #11
TheBigD
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVIL'S OWN View Post
well, what are you looking for in a system, cause if you want pure gaming and great online access, go xbox 360, but if you want a high quality system, then ps3 is it, but it lacks in online play and gaming, the games havent caught up with the system, and your gonna pay a 100.00 more for the ps3, do yourself a favor.........by Mircosoft
Thank you everyone for your responses.

I think DevilsOwn nailed it. I am actually looking for a gaming system and trying to stay away from BluRay and HD DVD. Who know who will come out on top when it is all said and done.

True, I read online and some mentioned here, PS3 seems to be more "capable" but apparently hasn't taken advantage of its strengths. Plus, I hear a lot of praise about Xbox Live and not so much about the "Home" (or whatever it is called for PS3).
TheBigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:10 AM   #12
Redskins8588
Playmaker

I just bought a wii tonight for my kids for christmas
Old 11-04-2007, 11:12 AM   #13
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

yeah, there are alot of upsides to xbox live... i can stream in HD movies directly to my tv without having to have a dvd upgrade for about 5 bucks. they also have many many tv shows available for download and alot of game review clips and tip clips for free...

also, the fact that many titles are available for demo downloads, so that you can test drive them at home before you buy them, is very valuable.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:18 PM   #14
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna View Post
yeah, there are alot of upsides to xbox live... i can stream in HD movies directly to my tv without having to have a dvd upgrade for about 5 bucks. they also have many many tv shows available for download and alot of game review clips and tip clips for free...

also, the fact that many titles are available for demo downloads, so that you can test drive them at home before you buy them, is very valuable.
I love the demos, and I really love Xbox Live Arcade.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:17 PM   #15
MTK
\m/

A technically stronger system does not always mean a better system. If game developers find a system to difficult to program for they simply won't waste their time with it.