Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Washington Redskins send Albert Haynesworth home from practice - ESPN

Says it was a dicipline problem and Zorn sent him home. Anyone else know anymore details? Doesn't sound to serious and he'll play on Sunday. I bet he still is frustrated with how this team has turned out this season.
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

re: Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Have no clue, but just read about it and came here to see if anybody knew anything.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Redskins Insider - Zorn: Haynesworth discipline 'was necessary'

from the AH appreciation thread
Old 12-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #4
Longtimefan
Playmaker

It's obvious from some of his post-game comments of late that the guy is frustrated with losing. I don't think he anticipated this kind of season when he signed here. However, maybe he could find a better way to express himself without being disciplined.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
KLHJ2
Inactive

He showed up late to a team meeting was supposed to go home and attempted to practice anyway. It was a small verbal disagreement, nothing major.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
GMScud
Swearinger

Maybe if he was in good enough shape to run out of the tunnel without getting winded he would be able to miss a few minutes of practice without getting disciplined. Big fat fatty. I wish his work ethic was on par with his physical abilities.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #7
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Hardly anything groundbreaking or shocking here, but an interesting read none the less:

Haynesworth sounds off on Blache, defense after being sent home - washingtonpost.com
Old 12-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Hardly anything groundbreaking or shocking here, but an interesting read none the less:

Haynesworth sounds off on Blache, defense after being sent home - washingtonpost.com
I'll be so glad when that outdated stubborn old bastard is gone. Isn't he from down south? Go get a job with Grilliams in N.O. Blache. Your act has worn thin here and the game is passing you by. This may be a little harsh but I'm over it already, just like I am with Portis. This defense can't hold a lead for s**t no matter who we add to it.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #9
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I'll be so glad when that outdated stubborn old bastard is gone. Isn't he from down south? Go get a job with Grilliams in N.O. Blache. Your act has worn thin here and the game is passing you by. This may be a little harsh but I'm over it already, just like I am with Portis. This defense can't hold a lead for s**t no matter who we add to it.
It can't hold a lead so do you blame the coaches or the players? See it's easy to sit here and blame Blache. Should be do more attacking? Well sure but that puts a strain on the db's and they can't cover worth shit. Maybe the reason why he's conservative is because of the secondary.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:41 AM   #10
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
It can't hold a lead so do you blame the coaches or the players? See it's easy to sit here and blame Blache. Should be do more attacking? Well sure but that puts a strain on the db's and they can't cover worth shit. Maybe the reason why he's conservative is because of the secondary.
Blache is responsible for the scheme and the scheme is usually the problem. What secondary in the NFL doesn't want a strong pass rush from it's d-line? They all do because it makes their job easier. Put Landry at SS and Orakpo at DE where they belong, rush the passer except on obvious running downs and watch how many more INT's these DB's get. Blache doesn't believe in his players, he believes in his scheme, that's why he doesn't let them play and his scheme isn't worth a f**k when it comes down to holding a lead. If the late Jim Johnson or Swartz or Pittsburgh's DC had this defense we'd be kicking ass.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:29 AM   #11
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
maybe it's so scheme-driven that they have to limit themselves or think too much instead of reacting.. maybe that's what's wrong with Landry.. who knows
Old 12-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #12
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post

Funny. Blache and his D were a top D in the league most of the season and now the suck. A D can only carry a team for so long til they break 53. Doesn't help if your team can't score over 17 points most of the season either. Blache is gone for sure, thing is who does Allen bring in?
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #13
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Funny. Blache and his D were a top D in the league most of the season and now the suck. A D can only carry a team for so long til they break 53. Doesn't help if your team can't score over 17 points most of the season either. Blache is gone for sure, thing is who does Allen bring in?
Well I would disagree we were a top defense for most of the season Gus. Depends on your definition of a top defense I guess. We're 2-2 when we've scored over 17 points, we scored 30 on N.O. and lost. I would imagine Shanny or whoever ends up coaching us will bring in their own DC. All I know is we can be a lot better. The "D" was suppose to be our strength. It isn't. Any player who has pass rushing skills or a lot of talent seems to digress when he comes here. I would argue that Blache and G. Williams do more to suppress individual talent by forcing their players to fit their schemes, than they do to take advantage of their talent.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #14
GusFrerotte

Statistically we were a top D til like 4-5 weeks ago, according to NFL.com. We were #1 pass Defense and #2 overall for a bit of a stretch there til our O got in a groove, but the D seemed to collapse.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #15
skins89moss
Playmaker

Well the Redskins defense is okay but they still dont get turnovers or score points. Maybe because they don't attack but rather react and play conservative. I would rather have a defense that attacks and forces turnovers which lead to points. Our defense has been last in the league for several years in forcing turnovers, maybe its Blache's scheme.