Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Disgusted

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-16-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
coggs
Special Teams

Disgusted

Maybe I'll rent a gun and buy a bullet? Bonus points if you can name the movie.

Here's the thing. I am 31 years old. I was 10 when the Giants won it all in 86, I grew to love defense. Give me a 3-0 game with each team getting 6 sacks and forcing 5 turnovers any day of the week and twice on sunday. I can't take this, I am thinking of calling out tomorrow, driving to the meadowlands and asking for a try-out. I'll play for the league minimum, hell I'll play for gas money and tolls to and from practice and games. I'll do my own laundry for my practice and game uniforms. I hate this f'n team. I actually just put my tickets for the games against the Vikes and Patriots on StubHub. Might offer my skins tickets on here down the road.

Between the Mets and now this shit, I just can't wait for hockey to start.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
wilsowilso

Re: Disgusted

Did you really think the Giants would be any good this year? You guys have been overachieving for years?
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
wilsowilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
Did you really think the Giants would be any good this year? You guys have been overachieving for years?
Not trying to kick you while you are down, but you guys need to rebuild.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:16 PM   #4
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post

Does'nt say much for you guys then.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #5
coggs
Special Teams

No. Posted about it last week. I thought they'd suck for the last few years. Two years ago they surprised everyone then got exposed in the play-offs. Last season, the D looked better than it was because Strahan and Umenyiora went ape$h!t. Their pass rush covered A LOT of their other flaws. They went down and they were exposed, but held on for the Wild Card. They are setting up Coughlin to fail. They could have won both of these games, and confidence can be a big thing in this league. Like I said, I thought they'd struggle, didn't think they'd be an embarassment to the uniform.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:41 PM   #6
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
No. Posted about it last week. I thought they'd suck for the last few years. Two years ago they surprised everyone then got exposed in the play-offs. Last season, the D looked better than it was because Strahan and Umenyiora went ape$h!t. Their pass rush covered A LOT of their other flaws. They went down and they were exposed, but held on for the Wild Card. They are setting up Coughlin to fail. They could have won both of these games, and confidence can be a big thing in this league. Like I said, I thought they'd struggle, didn't think they'd be an embarassment to the uniform.
OMG YOUR D-FENSE SUCKS!!!!!!! They fired the DC and this new guy ain't getting the job done either. Guys were missing tackles, and were out of position. Your LB's are terrible. Plus Shockey and Toomer made two real dumb plays that costed you. Tom ( Grumpy ) Coughlin isn't going to make it past the 8th week.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #7
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

The movie is Vegas Vacation....

One of my close friends is a huge Giants fan...and he says this might be the worst Giants defense he's seen.....

As a Redskins fan, this was a game I looked at on the schedule that could go either way....which I now look at it as a must win. Chris Cooley should have his own game plan because they are giving up so much under the middle right now.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:14 PM   #8
dall-assblows
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post

One of my close friends is a huge Giants fan...and he says this might be the worst Giants defense he's seen.....

As a Redskins fan, this was a game I looked at on the schedule that could go either way....which I now look at it as a must win. Chris Cooley should have his own game plan because they are giving up so much under the middle right now.
damn i was late
Old 09-18-2007, 09:31 PM   #9
TampaDude
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Yup...it was the blackjack dealer Clark kept losing to...that guy from The Princess Bride...
TampaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:22 AM   #10
70Chip
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaDude View Post
Yup...it was the blackjack dealer Clark kept losing to...that guy from The Princess Bride...
Wally Shawn is that actor's name. Interesting fact: his father William Shawn was the editor of the New Yorker for many, many years. Inconceivable.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:48 PM   #11
dall-assblows
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
Maybe I'll rent a gun and buy a bullet? Bonus points if you can name the movie.

Here's the thing. I am 31 years old. I was 10 when the Giants won it all in 86, I grew to love defense. Give me a 3-0 game with each team getting 6 sacks and forcing 5 turnovers any day of the week and twice on sunday. I can't take this, I am thinking of calling out tomorrow, driving to the meadowlands and asking for a try-out. I'll play for the league minimum, hell I'll play for gas money and tolls to and from practice and games. I'll do my own laundry for my practice and game uniforms. I hate this f'n team. I actually just put my tickets for the games against the Vikes and Patriots on StubHub. Might offer my skins tickets on here down the road.

Between the Mets and now this shit, I just can't wait for hockey to start.
vegas vacation
Old 09-16-2007, 08:53 PM   #12
GusFrerotte

Sorry Gman, your team sucks ass. Barber knew what he was doing when he left. Eli sucks monkey balls and never will be half the QB his brother is. Can't wait to feast on Gmen this year, and two helpings to boot!!!!!!!
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #13
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Sorry Gman, your team sucks ass. Barber knew what he was doing when he left. Eli sucks monkey balls and never will be half the QB his brother is. Can't wait to feast on Gmen this year, and two helpings to boot!!!!!!!
My team sucks ass??

What the hell are you talking about?
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:09 PM   #14
Smooter
Impact Rookie

Quote:
My team sucks ass??

lmao, he must've confused you two.
Smooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:59 PM   #15
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
My team sucks ass??

You know, Gman, ... I've always wondered about your screen name -- What does it mean? I think a lot of people focus on the Gman and think G-men, a common nickname for the Giants.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote