Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Brunell ...

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-23-2004, 11:36 PM   #1
skinsfan_n_vegas
Camp Scrub

Brunell ...

Sorry fellas, maybe this has already been discussed but, I needed to see what everyone's thoughts were on the whole Brunell to the Skins news and Ramsey not being a happy camper. IMO, with Jimmy Sexton representing both Ramsey and Samuels, he's not gonna be so quick to rework Samuels deal, to provide the Skins with much needed cap space, if the Skins don't trade Ramsey as he wishes. Is Ramsey really wanting out? I honestly don't know. I've just read what's on-line and it doesn't sound good. Are we (Skins) mortgaging the future for now by dealing Ramsey?
skinsfan_n_vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:09 AM   #2
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

If Jimmy Sexton dosent do somthing in the best interest of Chris Samuels ( I.e getting a good offer from us after two years of average to poor performance ) Then he is gonna get fired, straight up. Overall the only thing i needed to hear from Gibbs was that its an open competition, plus the way this contract is structured, I think it can only help the team.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:48 AM   #3
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Unless Ramsey holds out (stupid) Sexton can piss in the wind. Ramsey is under contract and can't 'demand' anything. I think this is just his agent getting pissed because he won't much out of Ramsey if he doesn't start this year.

Best thing Ramsey can do is outshine Brunell, have an all-pro year and then ask for a new contract next season.

Don't get me wrong, I like the kid and I think he may well be a future HOF, but he needs to produce a number of wins before he starts moaning.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:01 AM   #4
Scott
Special Teams

Couldn't have said it better myself, at some point Ramsey is actually going to have to prove himself....nobody doubts that he is tough as nails and can take a hit, but he needs to prove he can win....have a Tom Brady like year and then maybe we can talk
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:15 AM   #5
backrow
The Starter

For all!

This is for all! Ramsey is great, but at last count he doesn't own any SB rings! HOF Coach Gibbs does, and he makes the decisions. In fact, I don't believe Ramsey has a winning record. HOF Coach Gibbs is turning this team into his team quickly.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:41 AM   #6
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Backrow, I think that's an unfair comparison. It was has second year last year and his first year starting. Do you expect a second year quarterback to have nothing left to learn in this league?

Also, how many rings does Brunell have? Yep. Same as Ramsey. Come up with something viable as analogy. Gibbs is a coach and has a whole lot more control over his destiny than a player. It's funny that most of the media and football experts laugh at the Redskins for this deal. At the combine the Redskin's QB coach (his name escapes me at the moment) talked to Phillip Rivers and told him how great would be for Brunell, Rivers rolled his eyes and just walked the other way.

A quarterback controversey is bad, whenever Ramsey got the time last year, he ate the other teams alive. There's no such thing as an open competition. I'm sure Gibbs already has a favorite and the veteran will always get the nod.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote