Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Samari or Freddy?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: 2005 Starting CBs: Springs and...
Smoot 38 65.52%
Harris 4 6.90%
Wilds 5 8.62%
Rolle 7 12.07%
Other (who?) 4 6.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
skin4Life28
Special Teams

Samari or Freddy?

Ok, I know that we are trying to get Rolle. On ESPN today I read that we are willing to give Rolle 15 mill. Now I ask why can't we give that to Fred Smoot who plays his heart out all the time and is solid character guy on and off the field. Rolle was arrested two weeks ago for domestic assult. And he has been injury plagued the past few years. It just baffles me that we are willing to give 15 mill in gauranteed money to another free agent off the street. But won't give it to someone who has been with the Skins for his whole career. I think Danny boy and Gibbs are screwing this up. Bash me all you want, but I do not agree with this.
skin4Life28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:18 PM   #2
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Re: Samari or Freddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skin4Life28
Rolle was arrested two weeks ago for domestic assult.

Cool, so he's aggressive
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:21 PM   #3
CRT3
Impact Rookie

I used to really dislike the way Fred played. But after the last 2 seasons I have changed my mind. He has heart!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 02:38 PM   #4
Funbunchfan
Camp Scrub

Talking Re: Samari or Freddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRT3
I used to really dislike the way Fred played. But after the last 2 seasons I have changed my mind. He has heart!!!
You cant play on heart alone . Smoot is the furthest from a shutdown corner and Rolle, when healthy is. Remember this he flourished under Greg Williams in Tennesee and he will again here. Admitadly I have been a Smoot hater for a long time now and now it looks like he is out. Bye bye smooty!
what is the first thing a woman does coming home from a battered shelter? the dishes if she knows whats good for her.
Funbunchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:51 PM   #5
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbunchfan
Admitadly I have been a Smoot hater for a long time now and now it looks like he is out. Bye bye smooty!
what is the first thing a woman does coming home from a battered shelter? the dishes if she knows whats good for her.
y? what did smoot do maybe he should beat the shit out of you and you'll do the dishes

all this women violence is funny to a point
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:55 PM   #6
Funbunchfan
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
y? what did smoot do maybe he should beat the shit out of you and you'll do the dishes

all this women violence is funny to a point
Bauer this was a joke not a belief so lighten up. As far as my opinion about Smoot its just that my opinion and im entitled to it. As far as your other comments towards me dont let it happen again or I will make you my bitch and your sister will be doing my dishes!
Funbunchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:40 PM   #7
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat
Cool, so he's aggressive
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:41 PM   #8
Monksdown
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss

first off, domestic violence is no laughing matter

haha
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:43 PM   #9
offiss

William's has coached both very closely and apparently he believes Rolle is the better player because he's the one pushing for him according to report's.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:28 PM   #10
Monksdown
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skin4Life28
Ok, I know that we are trying to get Rolle. On ESPN today I read that we are willing to give Rolle 15 mill. Now I ask why can't we give that to Fred Smoot who plays his heart out all the time and is solid character guy on and off the field. Rolle was arrested two weeks ago for domestic assult. And he has been injury plagued the past few years. It just baffles me that we are willing to give 15 mill in gauranteed money to another free agent off the street. But won't give it to someone who has been with the Skins for his whole career. I think Danny boy and Gibbs are screwing this up. Bash me all you want, but I do not agree with this.
Samari Rolle is a top 3 cornerback in our league arguably. Probably more like a top 5. And honestly, who doesnt try to keep their wife in her place.

he is about 10 cornerbacks better than Fred Smoot will ever be. But I like Fred too.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:44 PM   #11
Big C
Mr. Brightside

ok samari rolle is a better cover corner. fred gives too much cushion, but id rather have smoot cuz of his age and since hes been here his whole career.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:52 PM   #12
Skinsfanforlife
Camp Scrub

Samari Rolle is not a top 3 corner in the league. Samari and Smoot dog are pretty much the same player except smoot dog is younger.There both top 10 corners in the league. But Samari will cost more money 15 mil. to 14 mil. JUST WHEN I THINK VINNIE AND DANNY BOY HAVE THIS THING FIGURED OUT. They go and pure me wrong. This does not send a good measage to are other free agents like #58
Skinsfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:56 PM   #13
Monksdown
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanforlife
Samari Rolle is not a top 3 corner in the league. Samari and Smoot dog are pretty much the same player except smoot dog is younger.There both top 10 corners in the league. But Samari will cost more money 15 mil. to 14 mil. JUST WHEN I THINK VINNIE AND DANNY BOY HAVE THIS THING FIGURED OUT. They go and pure me wrong. This does not send a good measage to are other free agents like #58
i think that 95% of the league's talent scouts would disagree with you. As a matter of fact. It is general knowledge that Rolle is a shut down corner. He is consistantly on that very small list. And i have heard from other website around the league that smoot is believed to be a good number 2 cornerback yes. But 60% of the teams wouldnt take him as a number 1 shut down corner for their team.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:54 PM   #14
calia
Playmaker

Smoot is a guy with character and heart -- recall that he played several games with a busted sternum, which is an amazing feat. He may not be quite as skilled as Rolle, but I'd take him over Rolle any day. Also, we cannot continue to have a revolving door, and Smoot is both popular on the team and a leader. Plus, he has the best one-liners of anyone on the team at the moment, with the possible exception of LaVarr.
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:54 PM   #15
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

To me, its not totaly about their playing abilities. I dont think anyone here is going to question the fact that S. Rolle is a better player than Fred Smoot. However, this is exactly the type of signing and type of thing I didnt want to happen this offseason. Were letting a guy who has been on our team a few years just go; and replacing him with some big name, expensive free agent. Its freaking rediculous. Smoot is a leader, Smoot has a Redskin imagine, and he has continutiy with the current team. Why are we reportedly shelling out 5 million extra dollars for this guy, when compared to waht we offered Smoot? I think it sucks! If Smoot is going ot leave because of money problems, thats fine. I'd rather have Wilds and Harris be the second corner, than giving a ton of money to some big name guy. I'm really not liking this situation.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote