Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins v Jets - Positives and Negatives

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-19-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
over the mountain
Playmaker

Skins v Jets - Positives and Negatives

Defense:

- allowed 474 yds total offense (418 last wk)
- allowed 221 yds rushing (176 last wk)
- 0 sacks
- 2 FF w fumble recovery
- 1 int
- 7/14 for 3rd down conversion

Offense:

- 225 total yds
- 34 rushing yds (51 last wk)
- 1 sack allowed
- 2 ints (both 3rd Q)
- 5/15 for 3rd down conversion

Redskins vs. Jets - Team Statistics - October 18, 2015 - ESPN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our game plan is to win the LOS by running the ball and stopping the run. We did neither.

Positives:

1. Breeland impact plays - he gave up a couple catches, some just good throw/catch and missed on a tackle on ivory's 50 plus run, but he is an aggressive player who tracks the ball when in the air, seems to be in the right pace at the right times and is more than willing to come up and put his head down. that tackle on ivory where he stoned him was pretty sweet.

my game ball would go to Bree.

2. Special teams starting to make some special plays. that punt block recovered for a TD is big for us and that unit. that brings 2 special teams TDs so far in 6 games. (we had 0 returns for a TD last year, i dont remember whether we blocked one and took it back or not).

3. Will Blackmon - for a guy off the street thrust into a starter role, he hasnt been that bad. not an impact player but he is doing what is asked of him it seems.

4. LeRib - no fumbled or obviously bad snaps yesterday.

5. LT-LG-C: all non-starters starting a game and didnt give up a sack. no push in the run game is a diff story. but looking at pass pro alone, job done against a top end D front.

Negatives:

1. front 7 on D - this is our healthy unit and they failed to contain the run or pressure the QB. this is a unit we have invested heavily in. DL guys are trying to shoot gaps and penetrate instead of maintaining gap integrity. But ii doesnt really matter when Riley and Robinson arent filling the gaps or just fail to make plays. on that 50 plus run by Ivory, riley somehow over pursues on a run inside the tackles and slips into robinson leaving a huge hole.

2. Run game. gruden/mcvay/callahan need to get their shit together. why cant we put an emphasis on the run and stick with it? 1st half, its 2nd and 2 from our 46. gruden/mcvay call pass = incomplete to grant. 3rd and 2 = shotgun look, incomplete pass. 1st half, maybe even 1st quarter, great opportunity to pound the ball .. and we get cute.

3. Cousins - inaccurate for weeks now. really becoming a concern. the 2 ints just cant happen. 1st one you cant go back late to grant in the flat. did kirk even see revis sitting on it? 2nd one seemed like a desperation throw ala last year's decision making.

4. play calling - the lack of sprinkling in a long ball every now and then to keep the D honest has been a huge head scratcher. then they call up 2 long balls in the 2nd half when we were down by 2 or more tds?

gruden/mcvay have done nothing since desean went out to keep Ds honest. they can just play up and shrink the field and only have to worry about defending 20 yds instead of the whole field.

i understand desean is the man at the long ball and ross seemingly isnt "ready" but .. do something. they have done nothing for weeks now to address this and wonder why the run game has been completely shut down and corners are jumping short routes.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #2
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Skins v Jets - Positives and Negatives

^ There are no game balls for players on the losing team.

This game left me depressed because it's beginning to look like we have neither the HC nor the QB we need on this team.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #3
Meks
Pro Bowl

At this point I'm not seeing the logic on either side of the ball with play calling. We have a good team, we do not have a good HC..... And we rush only 4 .. 90% of the time, its a joke smfh ... Ryan fitzpatrick breaking 20 yd runs? No thanks. D front has become a joke... We are 2-4... Not shocked, but we are a lot better, ... Still see us at like 7-9 or 8-8
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:03 AM   #4
WRSK1NS
Camp Scrub

Postives
Breeland making plays and looking like a steal of a pick last year. I think he should hold on to the starting spot

Make shift Oline pass protecting was good

Special teams finally being special every now and then

Being in the game at the half

Negatives

Run Blocking

In-ability to stop the run

Weakly and Weekly 3rd Qrt colapse - Cut somebody at halftime next week and see if that helps

Out of the game in the 3rd Qrt after being in the game at the half

2 INTs 1st one, terrible decision by Kirk. The deep shot that was picked off was ok except it was so predictable.

Playcalling - Jets seemed to know exactly what was coming.

What irritates me the most is that we were supposed to lose but looked like we had a chance to win at half time. Then just total melt down in the 3rd Qrt is the most embarrasing part.
Philippians 4:13
WRSK1NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:07 AM   #5
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Only positives were Breeland. That's it for me. Nice to see a blocked punt.

Negatives? Too many to list.

KC..Just don't know if he is starting material. He's just so inconsistent. His inconsistent play literally goes from throw to throw. One good, one bad. The picks are one thing, the inaccurate passes are what's most surprising. I'd keep him in there. McCoy isn't any better. No need to discuss Griffin.

Kerrigan. Just flat out not getting the job done dude. Reminds me of Orakpo with one pass rush move. Stop trying to bull rush everyone. It ain't working!

Running game. Pitiful.

Hatcher. Free agent bust. Great job Bruce.

Paea. Another free agent bust. You know he's probably not real good if Chicago is not re-signing him.

Depth. We just can't compete with all these injuries. Hopefully some guys can get back in there.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:14 AM   #6
dmek25
MVP

was at the game.. this is what i saw
cousins is an adequate...back up. he stares down receivers, and can not read defenses. missed a lot of throws that starters in this league make routinely
golston is trash
knighton is trash
grant is trash
the front 7 defensively just isnt very good
we havent any LBs on this team
and the play calling leaves a lot to be desired
any close game the skins are in at the half, they wont win. absolutely no adjustments after the break
Old 10-19-2015, 12:02 PM   #7
Meks
Pro Bowl

2nd half collapses are beyond my comprehension this year smh
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Positive - breeland and oline that's it .

Negative - everything else
Old 10-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #9
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Lack of scoring in the first half continues to be an issue; let's not act like everything is great in the first half during these games.

In the two wins, the Redskins have had double digit leads in the first half; while in the four losses, the first half lead has been by 5 or fewer points. In this league, unless you have an elite defense, you can't nurse a small lead over in the second half.

Within the past two weeks, the team has had a +2 turnover differential; with the defense having 6 takeways (5 of these takeways came during the first half). Out of these 6 takeways, the offense has only been able to score 16 points off turnovers (13 of them against the Jets).

We've had plenty of opportunities to be significantly up in score on these four losses, but have wasted them by settling for FGs and/or not taking advantage of turnovers caused by our defense. I think this is the frustrating part and why I criticize Cousins, Morris/Jones, and Gruden.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #10
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Positives

Breeland proving he is the best CB on the team

Jarrett

Grant made some key catches

LeRebius and Nsekhe did a nice job OL allowed 1 sack and it came from the right side (didn't once hear Leonard Williams name mentioned)

Block punt

Negatives

Cousins I'll advised INT's

Lack of a running game

No pass rush

Letting opposing running teams run at will (needs to fix ASAP)

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:03 PM   #11
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

This game played out how everyone should have expected it to. Playing a healthy Jets team that's pretty damn good coming off a bye against a mediocre team with a smorgasbord of injuries.

We were a shell of a team, and to judge Kirk on this performance is kind of meaningless IMO.

Good:
Special Teams and Bree

Bad:
Having to even play this game given our injuries.

I understand that injuries are part of the game, and we probably lose this one if we're healthy too. The game I am really excited to see is the Patriots game after the bye. I'd love to see us competitive if we get some of our guys back. Until then it's not really even a fair product to analyze.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:59 PM   #12
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
This game played out how everyone should have expected it to. Playing a healthy Jets team that's pretty damn good coming off a bye against a mediocre team with a smorgasbord of injuries.

We were a shell of a team, and to judge Kirk on this performance is kind of meaningless IMO.

Good:
Special Teams and Bree

Bad:
Having to even play this game given our injuries.

I understand that injuries are part of the game, and we probably lose this one if we're healthy too. The game I am really excited to see is the Patriots game after the bye. I'd love to see us competitive if we get some of our guys back. Until then it's not really even a fair product to analyze.
I was actually expecting our o-line to be overwhelmed by the Jets pass rush, Kirk running for his life and be constantly under pressure.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:32 PM   #13
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

The only positive I would add, is the lack of penalties. Don't know if the league called the refs and told them to chill, but the game just runs better when the refs aren't injecting themselves into it. No matter what 3 accepted penalties for 15 yards is a lot better than the first few games.

One negative, we forced them to punt only 1 time. ugh.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:48 PM   #14
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Positive: We're still a better team than we have been for years. I'd rank us around #16 or #17 in the league. We are beating the teams we are supposed to beat.

Negative: The Redskins fans I see complaining as if we were expecting to be playoff bound. Get off your high horses. 20-30% of this roster will be turned over by this time next year and while I don't see Gruden as part of the problem, I do think Scot is working on finding his guy long term. Might be after this year, might not. I just wish you guys would quit pissing in the wind over losing against teams we wouldn't have even had a remote chance at before this year.
RedskinJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:05 PM   #15
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

Positives:
Breeland, this secondary could be nasty if we ever get healthy.

Negatives:
2nd half adjustments
Coaching... I NEVER want to see that damn bubble screen again. I think they've run it 6-8 times in the past two weeks. I understand that its the same as a run, well if it is, RUN the damn ball instead!