Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Grammys 2012

Parking Lot

Old 02-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

The Grammys 2012

Well, I'm watching the Grammys tonight, which'll probably end up a giant ode to Whitney Houston, but I'm hoping some acts at least perform a song or 2 that they're known for. And at least the awards portion should be interesting.

Anyone else watching? Rooting for anyone in particular? Kanye West leads the amount of nominations with 7.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: The Grammys 2012

Not watching. Never do.

also. F kayne west. Hope he wins so somebody can run up there and snatch the mic from him and tell him that somebody else should have won. Guy is a first rate douche bag. Hope he trips and falls flat on his face. I still like his music though..lol
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 02-12-2012 at 07:48 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Not watching. Never do.
I'll second that. Also I read an article today (might be posted in the WH thread) that said they are planning on doing a simple tribute to Whitney, since she just died yesterday. Not that I'm concerned though since I won't be watching.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Not watching. Never do.

also. F kayne west. Hope he wins so somebody can run up there and snatch the mic from him and tell him that somebody else should have won. Guy is a first rate douche bag. Hope he trips and falls flat on his face. I still like his music though..lol
Also, in regards to your Kanye section, I can't hate on him too much. I love his music, and I think he's just too honest for own his own good sometimes. Which obviously portrays him as a d-bag since his brutal honesty makes him look bad, i.e. in the Taylor Swift case. But either way, I can't hate on people who are honest even to a fault. I'd rather they be brutally honest every time.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Also, in regards to your Kanye section, I can't hate on him too much. I love his music, and I think he's just too honest for own his own good sometimes. Which obviously portrays him as a d-bag since his brutal honesty makes him look bad, i.e. in the Taylor Swift case. But either way, I can't hate on people who are honest even to a fault. I'd rather they be brutally honest every time.
I have no problems with his brutal honestly (even though he's wrong at times), but I had a HUGE problem with him going on stage when somebody else won an award and snatches the mic stealing their spotlight. That's not brutal honesty, that's a being a prick and disrespectful.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
I dunno if he was being brutally honest during the Taylor Swift incident. I think I'm more with NC Skins in that he was just being an asshat. It seems like he never knows the right time to be honest. Like the Katrina incident... I mean I dunno. I hope there's a good hearted, well intentioned guy somewhere within Kanye West, but everything about him screams, "Pay attention to me and respect me! I'm edgy and opinionated."

Old 02-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I dunno if he was being brutally honest during the Taylor Swift incident. I think I'm more with NC Skins in that he was just being an asshat. It seems like he never knows the right time to be honest. Like the Katrina incident... I mean I dunno. I hope there's a good hearted, well intentioned guy somewhere within Kanye West, but everything about him screams, "Pay attention to me and respect me! I'm edgy and opinionated."
I think it's a little bit of both. Part of it is just him being brutally honest, part of it is probably him being an attention whore as well. In the end, he is who he is, and what we've come to expect from him probably isn't going to influence him. He does stupid things like the Swift incident partly because of his opinion, and partly because of his ego. I didn't agree with it either when it happened but it's not gonna change anything.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #8
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
I think it's a little bit of both. Part of it is just him being brutally honest, part of it is probably him being an attention whore as well. In the end, he is who he is, and what we've come to expect from him probably isn't going to influence him. He does stupid things like the Swift incident partly because of his opinion, and partly because of his ego. I didn't agree with it either when it happened but it's not gonna change anything.

most of it is he's a total douche... his live show is basically just him on stage... he won't even let the audience see the band (who have to hide under the stage and out of sight), cause he wants to make sure everyone is looking at him and only him.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #9
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Well said. Couldn't agree more. He's like a petulant little child. The Katrina comments and the Taylor Swift incident are just a microsm of who he is. It's a real shame, because if his personality came anywhere close to matching up with his musical talents... Man oh man. Sky's the limit.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
MTK
\m/

looking forward to seeing the Foos
Old 02-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #11
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Adele's probably going to sweep or come very close to it. Well deserved though.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #12
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Adele's probably going to sweep or come very close to it. Well deserved though.
Yup she's amazing
Old 02-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

F8ck i hate country music, why are they included in the grammys.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #14
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
F8ck i hate country music, why are they included in the grammys.
I like how Jason Aldean's mic went out and Kelly Clarkson had to finish the song.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #15
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Also watching the Grammys, and like DRave I think Adele is going to sweep things up like Norah Jones did a few year ago. Although I actually know who Adele is this time. LOL.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote