Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Birds Post game (Redskins 24 Cardinals 6) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64170)

sdskinsfan2001 09-09-2018 11:50 PM

Re: Birds Post game

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1199893]I hate to say this cause I can’t stand his ass, but depending on the results of the MRI’s of Quinn and Sims, could the Redskins sign Dez if those 2 are hurt for awhile? Apparently Dez says he wants to play for the Patriots or Redskins.[/quote]

I hate that I'm actually thinking about this and can't say no with 100% conviction.

sdskinsfan2001 09-09-2018 11:51 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1199893]I hate to say this cause I can’t stand his ass, but depending on the results of the MRI’s of Quinn and Sims, could the Redskins sign Dez if those 2 are hurt for awhile? Apparently Dez says he wants to play for the Patriots or Redskins.[/quote]

Are we broken?

SFREDSKIN 09-09-2018 11:52 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1199895]Are we broken?[/quote]

[url]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24630093/dez-bryant-trolls-dallas-cowboys-twitter-loss[/url]

CRedskinsRule 09-10-2018 05:51 AM

[QUOTE=sdskinsfan2001;1199894]I hate that I'm actually thinking about this and can't say no with 100% conviction.[/QUOTE]I will say it for you. NO!!!

He isnt the Dez that was drafted
He was a Cowboy
He is still all about him
He doesnt add a piece we are missing, he's just the same piece we have in Doctson.

Chico23231 09-10-2018 05:51 AM

Run defense: David Johnson gained 24 yards on 4 carries on the very first cards series of the day. After that series: 13 yards on 5 carries Johnson.

KI Skins Fan 09-10-2018 06:32 AM

Signing Dez Bryant would be a disaster. He is a cancer. Forget about it.

MTK 09-10-2018 07:09 AM

Re: Birds Post game (Redskins 24 Cardinals 6)

Enough with this Dez shit already. Brian Quick is the first call for a WR they should make.

irish 09-10-2018 07:32 AM

I was all for keeping KC but this team looks so much better with AS at QB. If they stay healthy this team can be dangerous.

MTK 09-10-2018 08:28 AM

Alex is such a cool customer. He's got that quiet confidence and he plays so calm and smooth too. I liked Kirk but I think we're definitely better off with Smith.

Just imagine if he had played more in the preseason. /sarcasm

Chico23231 09-10-2018 08:39 AM

After sleeping on it:

Good, Bad and Ugly

1. Running the ball...Adrian P and Chris Thompson is a great 1-2 punch so far.

2. Oline play...specifically the interior. I was really worried about Luavo and Roullier...damn they went out and played really well. Both were pulling out, reaching second level and Luavo sealed several times around the end.

3. That's why Scandrick is cut. Quinton Dunbar coming out game as a solid boundary corner. He was excellent...Norman lock down the other side.

4. Smith...Nothing flashy, just smart and consistent. Love him on the move, want to see him even more outside the pocket on passing plays.

5. Run defense...guys just doing their job. Payne, Allen, Foster, Z Brown. .....Also, Harvey-Clemons in the package substitute looked really solid. Quiet game, big impact.

Only Bad and Ugly....WRs and AS need to continue to work on chemistry. Not a big issue for now but something to watch.

MTK 09-10-2018 08:47 AM

If Reed and CT stay healthy they're going to take this offense a long way. CT isn't 100%?? Could have fooled me, he picked right back up where he left off last year.

Dunbar was really impressive. We had a Ryan Anderson sighting! Not concerned with the pass rush at all. Smith and Kerrigan didn't forget how to get after it, pretty sure it was game plan related and focusing on DJ more than anything. So awesome to see Payne and Allen clogging up the middle. This DL has the potential to be one of the best units in the league.

skinsfaninok 09-10-2018 08:51 AM

Not going to brag or anything but I have called Dunbar all O/S... LOL No seriously the whole D was awesome. Next week we get a better QB to face so we will see what the Db's can do then. Offense was iffy in the 2nd half, played conservative but that's ok.

Alex Smith did what he always does, wins games. Manages it well, no To's. That's why I was so stoked when we got him. Haven't seen a grade on Fuller yet but I'll see how he fared against Rivers.

skinsfaninok 09-10-2018 08:56 AM

Also this team will not be a high flying deep ball Offense, we will take shots to Prich here and there but mostly it's going to be 15 yards and in which is ok. I just hope the line holds up like yesterday

Chico23231 09-10-2018 08:59 AM

[quote=MTK;1199913]If Reed and CT stay healthy they're going to take this offense a long way. CT isn't 100%?? Could have fooled me, he picked right back up where he left off last year.

Dunbar was really impressive. We had a Ryan Anderson sighting! [B]Not concerned with the pass rush at all. [/B] Smith and Kerrigan didn't forget how to get after it, pretty sure it was game plan related and focusing on DJ more than anything. So awesome to see Payne and Allen clogging up the middle. This DL has the potential to be one of the best units in the league.[/quote]

Yeah, I think we did a decent job with the pass rush...2 sacks but Bradford was never able to stand tall and go through progressions. Bradford has a quick release and gets the ball out...I didn't think it was an issue.

The announcers even mentioned it...Bradford was being pushed off his spot in the pocket consistently.

Game plan was to contain Johnson which was the right move.

skinsfan69 09-10-2018 09:09 AM

Anytime you can hold an NFL team to 6 points, that's pretty damn impressive. It is also obvious that 33 year old AP is an upgrade over Perine and Kelley. CT might be our MVP. He is just so damn good.

skinsfan69 09-10-2018 09:16 AM

Also anyone see the Anderson sighting? He got half a sack.

Chico23231 09-10-2018 09:22 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1199918]Also anyone see the Anderson sighting? He got half a sack.[/quote]

yup...also with a great lead block on the goal line where AP scored

skinsfaninok 09-10-2018 10:10 AM

[url]https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-nfl-week-1-redskins-24-cardinals-6[/url]

I'll post grades from this game later

SFREDSKIN 09-10-2018 10:19 AM

Tomsula did a great job rotating DL and keeping them fresh, Settle missed a
Sack by inches. Ionaddis, Allen, Payne, Settle, Hood and Brantley (hopefully he pans out) are a pretty impressive, young DL. I say right now and I know they are young that we probably have a top 5 DL.

FrenchSkin 09-10-2018 10:25 AM

Biggest take away from this game: preseason doesn't mean shit...

We[I][U] dominated the LOS[/U][/I] on both sides of the ball, [I][U]good tackling[/U][/I] by our D across the board and throughout the game...

So many reasons to get excited after this game.

On top of the good tackling (missed tackles was one of my top preseason worries...), a good surprise was [B]how well our ILB covered[/B]!
[I][U]Zach Brown[/U][/I] improved a LOT from last year, and [I][U]Foster[/U][/I] made some plays, as usual, and no mistakes, which is new.

Dunbar and Swearinger played lights out!

Also think [B]run blocking by our receiving corps[/B] improved quite a lot. We knew [I][U]Vernon Davis[/U][/I] could block... yesterday we saw him care enough to actually block ! Even guys like [I][U]Reed and Doctson[/U][/I] made some nice blocks...

I think this is part in due to [I][U]Smith bringing a new level of excitement[/U][/I] in the offense locker room.
On the play when Chandler Jones got flagged for jumping on him after the play was over, [U]Smith got up and talked trash[/U]. Cousins would've never done that. Not saying this is what wins football games, but I do think it can make a difference in the [I][U]level of commitment[/U][/I] of other players.

[U]Sidenote:[/U] [I][U]Zach Vigil[/U][/I] came in for Foster for the final 5 minutes of the game, didn't see anything about Mason being injured... It was in the redzone on the drive the Cards scored their TD too... A bit surprised. Just a coaches' decision to rest a vet ?

FrenchSkin 09-10-2018 10:29 AM

[quote=MTK;1199913]If Reed and CT stay healthy they're going to take this offense a long way. CT isn't 100%?? Could have fooled me, he picked right back up where he left off last year.

Dunbar was really impressive. [B]We had a Ryan Anderson sighting![/B] Not concerned with the pass rush at all. Smith and Kerrigan didn't forget how to get after it, pretty sure it was game plan related and focusing on DJ more than anything. So awesome to see Payne and Allen clogging up the middle. This DL has the potential to be one of the best units in the league.[/quote]

Told ya'll he had improved a bit! :laughing-

GridIron26 09-10-2018 10:30 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1199922]Tomsula did a great job rotating DL and keeping them fresh, Settle missed a
Sack by inches. Ionaddis, Allen, Payne, Settle, Hood and Brantley (hopefully he pans out) are a pretty impressive, young DL. I say right now and I know they are young that we probably have a top 5 DL.[/quote]

I noticed this too, I loved it! Our Dline guys will be fresh throughout games if Tomsula keep doing that. Settle is growing on me - it was tough for Cardinals Oline to move him out of way for DJ. Settle might end up becoming one of great pick for Redskins

SkinsGuru 09-10-2018 11:24 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1199879]Pass rush wasn't there today but also Sam has always been good at getting the ball out fast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

thats the game plan against Bradford/Johnson . . . Bradford gets the ball out really quick . . . so rush 3 or 4 at most, and get tight coverage early . . . and Johnson is one of the best RB's in the game, so clog the lanes . . . seemed to work pretty well . . . next week, going against the colts, they don't have an RB that scares me, and Luck tends to hold the ball a bit longer trying to make plays . . . i'd be willing to be the defense dials up a little bit more pressure than against the cards

punch it in 09-10-2018 12:53 PM

[QUOTE=MTK;1199910]Alex is such a cool customer. He's got that quiet confidence and he plays so calm and smooth too. I liked Kirk but I think we're definitely better off with Smith.

Just imagine if he had played more in the preseason. /sarcasm[/QUOTE]

Lol. And CT and Reed.
Vikings are a better team with KC, and we are a better team with Smith. Smith really reads the field well. It was super refreshing to see his head on a swivel while plays were developing.

Chico23231 09-10-2018 01:07 PM

PFF grades have posted:

Of course remember we played the Cards...so that boosted some grades:

But the top rated LB in the league is Zach Brown with 90.7, the top rated CB in the league is Quinton Dunbar 92.3 and of course, the top rated Interior D-Lineman is Flossin' Matt Ioannidis 92.2 ENJOY!

Jonathan Allen, Jordan Reed, Chris Thompson all posted high grades as well.

punch it in 09-10-2018 01:38 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1199937]PFF grades have posted:

Of course remember we played the Cards...so that boosted some grades:

But the top rated LB in the league is Zach Brown with 90.7, the top rated CB in the league is Quinton Dunbar 92.3 and of course, the top rated Interior D-Lineman is Flossin' Matt Ioannidis 92.2 ENJOY!

Jonathan Allen, Jordan Reed, Chris Thompson all posted high grades as well.[/QUOTE]

In related news my parakeet picked names out of a hat and graded them all fairly similar to PFF. 🤪

Buffalo Bob 09-10-2018 01:40 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1199917]Anytime you can hold an NFL team to 6 points, that's pretty damn impressive. It is also obvious that [B] 33 year old AP is an upgrade over Perine and Kelley.[/B] CT might be our MVP. He is just so damn good.[/quote]

Amazing game, I just hope he continues to drink from the fountain of youth.

calia 09-10-2018 02:04 PM

[quote=punch it in;1199938]In related news my parakeet picked names out of a hat and graded them all fairly similar to PFF. ��[/quote]

That is freaking hilarious.

skinsfaninok 09-10-2018 02:20 PM

[quote=punch it in;1199938]In related news my parakeet picked names out of a hat and graded them all fairly similar to PFF. 🤪[/quote]

I take offense to this... JK

punch it in 09-10-2018 02:25 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1199942]I take offense to this... JK[/QUOTE]

Lol. Sorry Okie, i joke but it makes me smile no matter who grades the Skins out high....[emoji106]

skinsfaninok 09-10-2018 02:38 PM

[quote=punch it in;1199943]Lol. Sorry Okie, i joke but it makes me smile no matter who grades the Skins out high....[emoji106][/quote]

Lol well deserved grades yesterday tho, esp on defense.

Chico23231 09-10-2018 02:39 PM

Keim said high ankle sprains for Quinn and sims...waiting on more info. Surgery, IR in play....probably need to get quick on squad

Defensewins 09-10-2018 02:48 PM

Great Game. Defense and running the ball. Wow, coach is finally listening.
I wish we could play Bradford and the Cardinals every week.

punch it in 09-10-2018 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=Defensewins;1199946]Great Game. Defense and running the ball. Wow, coach is finally listening.

I wish we could play Bradford and the Cardinals every week.[/QUOTE]

We are going to stick the Colts dicks right in the dirt....

skinsfaninok 09-10-2018 03:26 PM

Colts game at home we should win.

htownskinfan 09-10-2018 05:18 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1199921][url]https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-nfl-week-1-redskins-24-cardinals-6[/url]

I'll post grades from this game later[/quote]

I didnt get to see game so I dont like reading this from their observations,looks like what saved us is going up big early to take Johnson out of the game,at least that would be my take from what their saying.

"David Johnson picked up where he left off from his 2016 campaign. He could have put up a huge game if he was given a heavier workload on the ground. The offensive line was opening up holes, and Johnson found them with ease at times. "

FrenchSkin 09-10-2018 05:38 PM

[QUOTE=MTK;1199910]Alex is such a cool customer. He's got that quiet confidence and he plays so calm and smooth too. I liked Kirk but I think we're definitely better off with Smith.

Just imagine if he had played more in the preseason. /sarcasm[/QUOTE]Haha yeah he would have been through the roof! I'm telling you, with 20 more snaps we would have been SB contender!

Seriously though, you were 100% right, preseason means way less than we tend to believe in the moment. But after months without football, and with Jay's tendency to come out unprepared week 1, I was, and don't think I was alone, getting a little anxious!

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk

MTK 09-10-2018 05:53 PM

[quote=htownskinfan;1199949]I didnt get to see game so I dont like reading this from their observations,looks like what saved us is going up big early to take Johnson out of the game,at least that would be my take from what their saying.

"David Johnson picked up where he left off from his 2016 campaign. He could have put up a huge game if he was given a heavier workload on the ground. The offensive line was opening up holes, and Johnson found them with ease at times. "[/quote]

Of course it helped that we had a big lead and were able to play keep away with TOP, but 6 of his 9 carries went for 2 yards or less. I definitely wouldn't say he was finding holes with any ease. He was definitely bottled up.

JoeRedskin 09-10-2018 06:36 PM

Wish I could link directly to the gif in this tweet. It's f'ing awesome. It has the offensive line running 15 - 20 yards downfield just crushing Cardinal defenders. I watched it at least ten times b/c it is so f'ing good.

[url]https://twitter.com/pnkyreggaeprty/status/1039272380311449600[/url]

sdskinsfan2001 09-10-2018 06:38 PM

[quote=MTK;1199951]Of course it helped that we had a big lead and were able to play keep away with TOP, but 6 of his 9 carries went for 2 yards or less. I definitely wouldn't say he was finding holes with any ease. He was definitely bottled up.[/quote]

Yeah, he had 2 good carries on their 1st drive and that was about it. That article is just trying to make Cardinals fans feel a bit better about getting whipped.

How about that, we physically whipped a team? So nice to see.